Saturday, July 13, 2013

Meet The Crabs

I"ll be honest... I have had a few blogs in my time, but sadly I had let them all die out due to boredom. I guess getting hooked on a certain blog topic is hard, especially when you realize no one is supporting you. However, I don't care anymore... I won't let myself care.  A blog is about your own enjoyment, right?

Anyway! For my first post on this new blog I shall introduce to you my two hermit crabs. I had gotten them last Wednesday (July 10th) from my local Petsmart and I have loved them since! Their names are Kermit and Lily and they're both Purple Pinchers.

Kermit:












Kermit is my more outgoing hermit crab. He doesn't take too long to come out of his shell and he enjoys crawling everywhere you set him and it quite quick.

Lily:












Lily, on the other hand, is more timid and takes a lot longer to come out of her shell. She gets scared easily, but she's a joy to have around especially when you're reading or on the computer.

Crabitat:












Their tank is a 29 gallon fixed with a heating mat, a heating lamp (only used when it gets too cold in my room), two hiding places, climbing mats on either side, a climbing branch, food/water dishes, and of course more shells for when they change.  It's basic for now, but I plan on upgrading it as soon as possible.

For now, that is all - I will be posting a new blog post once a week, or more often if I feel the need or if people arise and seem to be interested in my new blog. As for now, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment